Monday, August 11, 2008

Two new stones

Yesterday my twin daughters each buried their first pets - Lucky the hamster, and Patch the hamster. Lucky had died in the winter when it was too cold to bury him, and we had kept him in a sealed box in a basement freezer and had been putting it off. Then Patch died on Saturday and it was time.

I have no trite commentary on learning the meaning of life and death from the point of view of a 7-year-old girl. I have simply to report that two new stones were added to special spots in our garden. Like my patio, and everything we ever do, these stones also will not last. I know this.

But here is what my daughters thought and wrote themselves on the new stone markers.

RIP
Lucke
He was a
varey grate
pet. Aug 2008


RIP
This is where Patch lies
he died on August 10
on saturday 2008. I loved
him a lot. he was a very
nice hamster. I also care
about him. Amen

No comments: